T-Shirts Are Narcotics Too

I knew I wouldn't hear from you the minute you board that plane. I knew you wouldn't send me a text message from Dubai and from after you arrive in Malaysia. I knew we were never going to keep in touch even while you're home. I'm not angry. I do understand because that's the exact reason why you left, you wanted to heal and forget. Maybe you didn't like the book I gave you? I just wished you didn't promise me that you'd do so because I'm by my phone every minute hoping to hear from you. Every time my phone rings I hope it's you. I even wondered if my phone wasn't working.

I went to the airport today to sell our tickets but I couldn't because they didn't let me. The trip to the airport and back was very painful because we were supposed to be on that train. But at least the trip the airport kept me occupied because of all the hassle and trouble that we had to go through while we were there. I saw a couple in the train expressing their love for each other and imagined that it was us there. I'm really sorry about what happened and I only kept thinking about how I could turn back the hands of time and relive that very moment to prevent it from happening. But I guess I'll have to wait until someone actually invents a time machine.

I haven't eaten a full meal since you left. I had bits and pieces just to fulfill my promise to you. I kept waking up at night because of images of you abandoning me. I kept your t-shirt next to me because your scent was like drugs, giving me a temporary sense of paradise and utopia. I clung on to it as if I was clinging on to dear life itself. I found myself lying down in the darkness drowning myself in guilt, fear, sorrow and regret. It's unhealthy, I know. But let me punish myself for all the things I've done.

I hope to hear from you soon. You're still in my heart, thoughts and prayers. I'm going insane. Please come back to me.

Your sad bunny with its ears down



0 comments:

Post a Comment