Sunday Revelation

I have amazing friends. I really do. I just never saw them that way earlier for reasons that are still a mystery to me. Am I a Catholic? Yes, I am. And where do Catholics go to on Sundays? They go to church. Where did I go today? To the Gurdwara ( I hope I spelt that right). I'm not converting into another religion or anything like that. I just felt like I needed to get my ass out of my room today and I've been promising my friends to accompany them to that place for God knows how long.

The journey took an hour. More or less. While getting dressed, I was contemplating on bringing my camera long because I had images of a temple filled with holy scriptures, statues and architecture in my head. When asking my friends opinion, he told me just to forget about it. When I asked 'why?', he said that I'll understand when I get there.

The building looked like an abandoned warehouse or something back in the Soviet days. The entrance to it looked scary with a security guard looking at you funny. We had to go up a few flights of stairs filled with Russians smoking near the windows and I was met with a very serious looking Punjabi who looked like he was going to beat the shit out of me if he finds out that I'm not a Sikh.

We took off our jackets and I put the headscarf on my head because it was required that we do so. The place was very misleading because once I entered the praying area. It was very quite and serene. I'm not a Sikh, therefore I didn't pray there. But I just sat in a corner and absorbed the scenery of the place. It was simple, somewhat modern and serene. After that, we were treated to Indian food. So much of it that I almost puked. I enjoyed the food but I'm having stomach discomfort now.

While sitting down there, I was reminded that God works in mysterious ways. We, human beings will never be able to comprehend His thoughts or plans and it's best we just leave that to Him. I realized that maybe God was reaching out to bring His child back into His arms. I've resisted all this while, giving all sorts of excuses and it took a Gurdwara to bring me back to Him. ( Not only that to be honest ). Amazing, isn't it?

The minute I got back, I puked again. Dammit. But after recovering, I immediately went online to look for a Catholic Church. It's been awhile since I've been in God's presence. I want to sit in a chapel where it's quiet, with the Body of Jesus Christ in front of me and just cry out to the Lord. I want to be a child again. To be able to let out my problems and worries to Him, knowing that my cries will not be in vain. I will spend the entire day there tomorrow.

A prodigal son returns, Father. Please accept me again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment