A Letter Delivered Late

You came when everything was dark, just like rays of sunshine fighting through the storm. A subconcious prayer that was answered and materalized before my eyes. You were someone and we were strangers but you became everything and we became soulmates.

In a cold and dark place, you became my muse. You became someone who not only fought for me but fought with me. You stuck with me through thick and through thin. In a world where weakness is a vulnerability, your warm embrace became the center point of my universe. A small utopia where I could lose myself and destroy these thick walls that I've created to protect myself. The scent of your hair is lovelier than any perfume. The sound of your voice never fails to bring a smile. The character of your laughter is indeed very addictive. The sight of your smile would melt the hardest iceberg. The warmth of your touch is beyond words.

We, human beings are imperfect but that is never an issue because all that matters is loving someone who is imperfect perfectly. It's your little flaws and our differences that attracts us like magnets. I was never perfect but I was made in the image of something less than imperfect. The heavens however sent me an angel straight from above.

A blind person physically is bad but not as bad as someone who has perfect eyesight yet fail to see. I was blinded by my own flaws and imperfections. But I see now. My eyes have been opened by His grace. I have been showered with blessings from above and only made to realize now. I'll never be blind again. How can a person not appreciate life after being handed a 2nd chance?

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I'll be right here waiting for you. I know it's a line from a song. Richard Marx to be exact but it was the first of many songs that I dedicated to you. Maybe Richard Marx stole it from me? Just kidding. On a more serious note, I will be counting the days. 3 weeks is nothing compared to a lifetime with you and only you, Baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment