I Admire You, Professor Burago

Oh wow, here's something I've never done before nor think I'll ever do. I'm updating my blog through my Iphone. I'm so used to blind typing that even typing this intro is being a bitch because of the small keypad on my Iphone.

I had an exam today. Before that, I had to submit my coursework before the exam to be able to take the freaking exam. I tried submitting yesterday but I didn't pass which was surprising because I was pretty sure that everything is more or less accurate. But I found out today why I didn't pass.

For those who don't know the examination system in Russia, here's a short introduction. To be able to take any exam, you need to submit all your labs first. This will be where the professor will ask you how the experiment was conducted and a few theoretical questions that are related to the lab. Then you're required to submit a coursework that is related to the subject and the professor will examine your coursework and you'll have to defend your work so that the professor knows that you did it on your own. Only then you'll be able to sit for your exam.

Now, my professor was awarded the title of academic hero back in the soviet union, he is one of the most respected professors in the whole freaking institute and he wrote countless amount of books that were even translated into English to be used in MIT. Why I didn't pass? Because I didn't buy his freaking book. IDIOT. I asked my Russian classmates and you know what they had to do last semester? They had to look for his book, buy the damn thing and go to him for an autograph after he which he will make a small note that you bought his bloody book. For quite a respected professor, he's also quite the idiot and a narcissist. I mean, COME ON! Buying the book just because you have to is already bad enough but you have to get an autograph from him?! Wonderful. Simply beautiful.

Where am I right now? I'm in a nearby cafe taking a break before trying to submit my bloody coursework again. I'm tired and exhausted. My chest hurts because I just finished an entire box of cigarettes. I didn't sleep the whole night preparing for the exam that I wasn't allowed to take. The gastric acids in my stomach is acting up again. I'm heartbroken and depressed.

The look of the pavement down below from the 16th floor looks pretty tempting right about now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment