First Rantings of 2010

I always pictured 2010 to be a new start for me. 2008 and 2009 were basically times filled with turmoil and hardships for me and I'm glad to have them over with. However, God always has a funny way to mess up your plans. 2010 is beginning to be the worst year for me ever.

It all started with New Year. We were planning a small civilized get together with a bunch of close friends but New Years in Russia never go according to plan. By the end of the day, a fight broke out, a friend lost his passport along with 20000 rubles which is more or less RM2500. He got his passport back. Someone found it and decided to return it. The cash on the other hand, is long gone. I doubt he'll be able to find it again. Hell, if I was the lucky bastard that found that amount cash, I would grab the cash as well.

This part is the most painful for me to write. It is in the human nature to NEVER appreciate something that we have until it's too late. I'm sorry to say I learnt it the hard way. I lost something very dear to me. In fact, it's the only thing that gives meaning to everything I do, think and say here. I'm an idiot to have let it slip out of my grasp. But I'm not stupid enough to repeat the same mistake again. I won't say much here because I'll save it for another post.

So where did the fairies and pixies that were supposed to bring good luck and prosperity to me this year disappear off to? They went on permanent vacation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment