Get Me Out Of Here

I hate this place. I really do. I refer to this place as 'God's hell on Earth'. That should more or less give you and idea on how much I hate this place. Although 'hate' is quite an understatement. Sometimes I wish that a nuclear war would just break out and all of us would have to be shipped back home immediately. I know that hell has a higher chance of freezing over before that happens though. Damn it.

I keep thinking to myself 'WHY THE HELL DID I COME HERE?' and is usually immediately reminded of a younger and more naive version of me whose only dream was to go overseas to pursue his studies. But fate would have it that I would get my ass thrown to this place. If I could go back a couple of years earlier, I would kick 38 different kinds of shit out of my younger self to have made him stay put in dearest KK.

Ask anyone studying here and you'll not hear even a single person singing praises about this place. If they do, it's usually one of the 2 scenarios. 1 - they're bigtime alcoholics who can drink like there's no tomorrow and 2 - they're just NUTS. I can't imagine how is it that I used to enjoy being here. Like I said, I was young and naive. I was a dumbass. There, I said it. It takes balls to degrade yourself like that but yeah, I did it.

Why am I still here? Well, I'm under scholarship and I can't afford to pay back whatever sum of money I may owe MARA. But even if I, by some miracle or by the Grace of God manage to obtain that amount of money, it's always the thought of disappointing my father that will kill me slowy. I just wish that he would understand but I doubt that he will anytime soon. It's not easy studying in these conditions. His reasoning is that 'if others can do it, why can't you?'. Well, maybe I'm not as strong as you think I am. Imagine waking up everyday looking forward to sunset so that you get the day over with as soon as possible. Prison isn't as bad as this. Oh wait. Maybe it is. At least we don't get our asses raped over here. But we do get racist attacks from Neo-Nazi Groups. It's kinda stupid if you think about it. They lost half of their male population to Nazi Germany during World War 2 and they have Neo-Nazi Groups here now? Do these people even have brains?

Oh, by the way, on a lighter note. A friend of mine mentioned to me a couple of days back that a friend of hers is coming here to do medicine ( if you're reading this and most probably you will, I apologize in advance and instead of getting pissed at me for this, bear in mind that I did my best to hold on to any sarcastic and rude remarks that I would have normally given under normal circumstances ). The standard response to a statement like this would usually be 'Why here? Couldn't he have gone somewhere else?'. The best part is, that dude turned down other offers because he wanted 'adventure'. For those of you who know me quite well, you can probably imagine how my facial expression and body gestures would be like after hearing that. For those who don't, please get to know me better ;-) Anyways, back to our Christopher Columbus, all I can say is, he's going to get one hell of an adventure here. Cheers to him and his future endeavours. Lol.

So, yeah. Please pray that I won't decide to jump out of the window ( I live on the 12th floor so that's gonna leave more than just cuts and bruises ). This is by far the biggest obstacle that I've had yet to overcome. Sigh.



1 comments:

Landy Dawson said...

I know this is pretty stupid, but i have high hopes of getting out of here. Not as high as getting best subject la, just high enough to convince me to get good grades :P

dont ba. you know i'm here for you. :) it'll end soon. I'll count with you.

Post a Comment