Dumbasses and Politics

Ever notice how in a group of friends, there'll always be one guy who is very 'versed' in politics? He will have read every right wing and left wing newspaper and will always have an opinion on whatever is it that's going on right now all over the world. Let it be the rise of oil prices, who got demoted or who got promoted and even on same sex marriages sometimes. Gosh, I love it when people concern themselves with things that are NEVER going to effect their lives.

I usually tolerate these kinds of people because from what I see, people like these usually have a few reasons on why they go into politics in the first place. No. 1 - they see the mistakes and wrongs of the current situation and feel that they can do better. No. 2 - they THINK they sound cool when they talk about politics and my favorite No. 3 - they just have too much free time :-P Reason 2 and 3 are why I never bothered about politics. Although I do keep up with current events and stuff, I never liked it. In fact, I think that politics is just one dumbass losing the election and another dumbass coming to power. Either way, we're screwed. I may be wrong here but hey, that's just what I think.

Now, I have this friend. An old friend actually. We were in high school together. We lived on the same floor in our hostel but we never really spoke much. He was a weird little fuck. He keeps to himself all the time and never really mingles around. That doesn't mean we alienated him. No. In fact, I remember telling him on quite a few occasions to come to my room because we had extra food but he never showed up. We don't even know where the hell is he from but we kinda have an idea due to the West Malaysian accent that he has. Bear in mind, I never hated him and even when I was back home, I tried contacting him a few times because I heard he was in KK.

This motherfucker has turned from a quiet little fuck into a hardcore Malay supremacist. But hey, whatever makes u happy right? He'll post all sorts of shit on Facebook which amuses me sometimes because I don't think that Facebook is the place to start a propaganda or something. It's like going to a kindergarden and preaching about how they should all start hating each other and when they're all old enough, they are obligated to kill each other. LOL. I never really paid much attention to him until one day, he said something about an Indian was trying to diss Tun Mahathir or something. I just casually commented something but I was in a rush so I forgot to put an 'LOL'. That very same day after I came back from class, a full blown 'debate' was already on its way on his profile.

I never bothered to reply because I just wanted to stay out of it but I've got to say that some of the things he said were actually very racist. In fact, I feel that he should get his ass thrown into ISA for the things that he said. I was never a big fan of racism. In fact, I think it's stupid. But then again, everyone of us has a tiny bit of racism in all of us whether we'd like to admit it or not. I admit that I may be racist sometimes but I keep it under wraps and it's not up to the point where I'll go out and lynch someones ass. Look at it this way, I am of Indian heritage. I grew up in a Chinese neighbourhood and went to a Malay school. My best friend is a Punjabi/Chinese and most of my friends are Malays. But I never noticed this until that dumbass pointed it out.

We, East Malaysians are proud of the fact that we live in multi-cultural communities and we were never bothered by ethnicity. Of course there are a few bad apples that I'd like to bitch slap but overall, there's nothing wrong.

What happened to that dumb fuck? Well, after this Chinese guy who was my senior back in school screwed his ass ( not literally and no homo ), that guy just shut his mouth and turned his attention on the Malaysian new F1 Team. Serves you right, asshole.

0 comments:

Post a Comment