Something I Really Want For Christmas

A friend of mine was complaining a couple of days back about how she won't be able to celebrate Christmas this year with her family. This was a very big mistake on her part because she chose the wrong person to complain about it to. Don't get me wrong, I can be sympathetic and be a very good listener if I wanted to but WHAT ABOUT ME? I've not even been home for Christmas since 2006. Not to mention I'm stuck in a country where Christmas just goes about like any other day. She got pretty pissed after I told her to 'join the club'. Not my fault. I think. I hope. I don't think so. What was I talking about again?

I can't believe December is here and 2010 is just around the corner. Wow, time does fly. I've already grown accustomed to not being excited about Christmas. Sad, I know. It's like the time a kid finally realizes that Santa is never going to come because he doesn't exist. It's funny that I never believed in Santa? I blame it on my dad for 'not having a chimney'. Truth be told, I stopped looking forward to Christmas a long time ago. Same goes for New Year, Valentines Day and my own birthday.

But if I could ask Santa for something this year, I would ask for a brand new Nikon D300s. Woohoo! With 2 lenses that'll cost a small fortune. I've been really saving a lot ever since coming back to Russia but money seems to hate me because I can never seem to save money for some reason. Sigh. You know that feeling when you really REALLY want something, been reading shit about it online for months, watching reviews, hanging around forums and discussions boards and putting that bloody thing as your wallpaper ( maybe it's just me, I don't know ) only to realize that the only thing standing between the two of you is the price tag and a few measly notes? I was so disappointed when my dad messaged me the 'best' price he could get it for. But hey, life's like that right? It's not the camera but the photographer right? ( this is the part where you nod and agree with me just to make me feel better ).

But I've been a really good boy lately. My friends can vouch for me on this. I read most of the time now both studies and photography. I'm home most of the time - as sober as a judge. So Santa might just decide to pay me a visit on Christmas maybe? I just hope that mofo dresses warm because it's going to be freaking -30 degrees by the time it hits Christmas and we wouldn't want his balls to freeze, would we?


0 comments:

Post a Comment